Tuesday, June 15, 2010

All About Me

Blogging can be a very egotistical feat. Unless it is a blog strictly to help others, you write about what you've accomplished or how you've been or thoughts that originate from YOU. It is increasingly difficult to objectively view things after months of starting posts with I.

This evening, I froze by just filling out the "About Me" section for this blog. It should be a simple thing, right? But, it wasn't. I wrote and rewrote it for an hour, wanting it to sound less... well... about me. Foolish, indeed! I often wonder how autobiographers manage to subdue their egos while still giving the memories substance and lives their due. (Remind me never to write my own life story or it would be about the size of a pamphlet.)

To all of you writing memoirs and autobiographies, I solute you.

No comments:

Post a Comment