Wednesday

Acceptance, Rejection, and Where I Land

The "Good" since August:

1. Three poems accepted by Midwest Literary Magazine. (Read here: http://issuu.com/litmags/docs/mlmseptember2010?mode=embed&layout=http%3A%2F%2Fskin.issuu.com%2Fv%2Flight%2Flayout.xml&showFlipBtn=true)
2. One rejection was kind of hopeful and had some positive feedback.
3. Another acceptance but before I list where I want to make sure it isn't a mistake. Yes, it is horrible. There goes the confidence thing.

The "Bad" since August:

1. More rejections
2. Writing has been harder for me these last few months sans when I am inspired.
3. I am beginning to think one of my short stories is destined for death row.
***************************************
***The one acceptance wants a biography and a photo. The biography part scares the bejabbers out of me!
***************************

Bottom line: I am excited about the acceptances but I am getting battered by rejections this past week. (I would say three within a week and a half.) It doesn't hit me as hard now that I have a couple of places saying, "Hey, you may be better than you give yourself credit for." That's all I can hope for these days.

-Jennifer Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment