Thursday

Five Questions with Poet A (a poetry finalist)

1. Why do you love horror/science fiction?

I love horror/science fiction because I enjoy the thrill that horror books have to offer. I like the feel of an adrenalin rush when something creepy/horrific is happening. I enjoy science fiction because it is an imaginary place to which I can escape for a few hours to get away from reality.

2. What writers do you admire the most?

The writers I admire the most are Stephen King, Jodi Picoult, Nora Roberts, Patrick Rothfuss, Dean Koontz, and Carl Hiaasen.

3. What do you think is the most important thing for a writer?

I think the most important thing for a writer is that they have creativity, a sense of humor, and correct grammar.

4. When did you know you were a writer and what is your favorite type of writing?
(Short story, poem, etc.)


I knew I was writer when my best friend convinced me to start writing for fun. I tried a couple short stories and really enjoyed writing.

5. Do you find it difficult to separate who you are from what you write? How do you accomplish it?

I do find it difficult to separate myself from my writing. I separate myself from my writing by going back and editing out parts of my writing that sound too much like myself.
*******************

Do you have any questions for "Poet A" pertaining to writing? Ask in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, sorry I wasn't sure where to cast my vote or which e-mail address to go to. I enjoyed the last one the most! Good luck to all of these wonderful poets.

    ReplyDelete