Thursday, November 8, 2012

Muse Online Writers Conference

The Muse Online Writers Conference wrapped up on the 14th of October and I am still thinking about it.  I really didn’t know what to expect from it and went in unsure about how good an online conference could be.  Boy, I was surprised!

I actively participated in just two workshops (horror and poetry) but I ghosted a variety of others.  I am still going to try what I learned from the Beginning Writer Logo workshop (hopefully).

The poetry workshop was my favorite, of course.  We had assignments, critiques, handouts, and three separate chats.  I came away with no less than FIVE poems written and commented upon and have made valuable changes to all of them.  The top three poems of the week were chosen to be in Apollo’s Lyre (the editor was one of the instructors) and two of mine were finalists! *I will share something I wrote there in a later post.*

The only thing I wished they had would have been a flash fiction workshop.  I know some have also requested a screenwriting workshop for next year.  But still a definite “wow” for me.  I was so glad I participated and cannot wait for next year.

1 comment:

  1. ooh! I haven't heard of this conference, but I tried WriteOnCon for the first time last year and was completely surprised too! A lot of good can come from those online conferences. I'll have to check out this one next year. :)

    ReplyDelete