Thursday

So... 2014

I can never make up my mind when it comes to resolutions.  Sometimes I try to plan my entire year within the first month of the new year and other times, I can't even map out where my mind has been until the last week of it.  So, where to this year?

First, I find myself saying this is either the last year I'm writing or the first year I'm not.  Since I am on this blog, the latter part can't be true but, the former part?  Unlikely but I am looking into it.

I have this desire to see if I can publish a chapbook or two.  It's something I've never attempted, even though I have collections in mind.  You see, I'm scared to take this step and I always have been.  Yet I really want to progress.  In fact, I'm thinking about not submitting anymore because of the lack of progress, something I do to myself.

So, this year is the "attempt-a-chapbook" year.  At least that, for now.  Maybe, if I'm brave.  Now's good.



3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the chapbook! You should definitely pursue it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go for it! In the end we regret most the chances we don't take. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will probably try it, though I find my mind already whirling with excuses. Perhaps, if made into part of my MFA plan...

    ReplyDelete