Friday, April 25, 2014

Pity Party (Personal)

If you couldn't tell by my last post, I've been ordering the balloons for my pity party the past few days.  So, instead of setting up camp in it, I'm just going to relay it and move on.

This month has been chaotic (good and bad) for many reasons:

1. After almost dying in August, my momma had surgery again
2. Staying with my family for two-and-a-half weeks to help out
3.  The Poem-A-Day Challenge
4.  My brother and sister-in-law are expecting their first child
5.  Family drama that will change how I see some people forever
6.  A friend's difficulty
7.  Easter

This is without the normal stuff like rejections, bills, etc.

Then, yesterday, I found out that I can't apply for the Radcliffe Institute Fellowship as I'd hoped for months.  It has to do with being on SSI because of disability and the stipend they offer.  So... yeah.  There are less and less opportunities each time I turn around.

So, if you're wondering why I'm radiating melancholy, now you know.  Don't worry, it won't last forever, nothing does.  Someday soon I'll shake it off.  Today's just not the day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about everything that's going on. I know we haven't met but from your writing I can tell you are resilient and will always come out stronger in the face of any hurdle. Take the time you need for yourself even in the midst of caring for your loved ones. We are all here for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You're such a sweet person.
      How are your wedding plans coming?

      Delete